Tuesday 15 August 2017

LOTV Cricketer

Morning all.
Not sure what has happened to the summer. The past few days have been positively chilly, except strangely this past weekend! Since I've retired from playing sport I don't have to worry so much about the weather but thought about the probable backlog of tennis matches and the abandoned cricket fixtures, as I walked the dog around the cricket field near my son's last week. The grass on the wicket was definitely still a lovely shade of green, which suggests plenty of rain and little play of late!
Anyway over at Cardz4Guyz our new challenge starts today and we have a fun challenge for you. Any subject you like but we need to see -

FANCY FOLDS

So all the different types of folded card or perhaps even something folded on it. I used an 'Upright Z fold' style to make this.


This is what it looks like from the side.


As I said earlier, cricket was on my mind, so I decided to make this card using the LOTV cricket stamp. 
The folds are quite easy, here are a few simple steps.
1. Cut an A4 in half length wise, set aside one half
2.With the other half, fold at 148mm and again at 223mm
3. Fold valley then mountain to create the profile above

I cut a panel of white card with a MFT stitched rectangle for the front from white card and inked the edges with Salty Ocean DI. The embossed back panel was first cut from white card with a larger MFT die and then run through my Big Shot inside a Cuttlebug EF. Before sticking the panel down, I inked around the back of the base card with the Salty Ocean.
After stamping and colouring my cricketer I cut him out with another MFT die and created a panel from some scrap card to stamp my greeting on. Using my small letter dies I cut the 'CHRIS' from the same scrap and using Copics coloured them to match. The stamped element is from the HLS set Doodled Flowers. I made a cricket ball from a Craftwork Cards card candy, adding some dashes in white gel pen for the stitching.
To create the button to stop the card collapsing, I cut a few circles with punches and coloured them, shaping the top one to represent a cricket ball as before. It also covered up my brad which attached the rest to my base card. Be careful when gluing the front panel down as you only need glue on the bottom half of your panel!

OK, that's about  it from me, please check out all the other 'fancy fold' cards from the team here and why not join in.

I'm joining in over at:-

Don't have SU inks but hope Salty Ocean DI, Salmon red and Pea green Copic counts

Grab our logo   The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog
name and/or number                      Boys will be Boys

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love the image you have used and the folded shape is brilliant. I need some inspiration for my father-in-law's birthday card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on our Allsorts theme this week and a pretty shape as well, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, any little boy would love this!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and I love the style of the fancy fold Julie. I have used this little fella many times over the years for the cricket obsessed men in my life. The candi ball is brilliant. It almost felt frosty first thing this morning...heaven forbid!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, perfect for our challenge, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Julie! The expression of concentration on the face of the little cricketer is priceless and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! LOVE that fun fold you did!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card just perfect for this challenge theme, die cut. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card. Great image and what a wonderful shape. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous boys card, fabulous fold.... Thanks for joining us the Cutie Pie Challenge:)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)